Veterans Memorial Building, 595 Harbor St, Morro Bay, CA 93442
Listen to Your Life: An immersion into Intuitive Abstract Painting
Each painting, each day, each energy change
What calls to be birthed from your unique voice
Experience, accumulated talents, time?
In this two day workshop, we explore what it means to listen more deeply and intuitively to the call of the still small unique voice that is within. We dive deep into what it means to trust our instincts, respond to the smallest of directional hints and let intuition be our guiding prompt. This is the space from which our best work rises.
You can expect somatic engagement that facilitates whole body connection to the act of painting along with exercises to begin spelunking the intuition and building trust in your unique voice as we apply brush to canvas. Several group exercises will carry the days, with time around them to work further into these starts with your medium of choice (encaustic paints provided yet plan to bring any materials or tools you’ll use in addition to the encaustic paint) or develop more work of your own that you bring for directional guidance from Trish.
Students will need to bring:
• 2 sheets of 140lb water color paper (20”x30”) cold press preferred
• Long handled water media brushes or shorter sizes with stick/wood extenders
• Gouache, watercolor tubes or chalk paint in variety of colors (inexpensive set of gouache preferred)
• Optional: Derwent charcoal if you expect to use it beyond group work time
• Any current work that you want for feedback & development in this workshop
• To continue this work in wax: bring tools, transfer, collage, pigment sticks, etc. that you use to develop your work
Teacher & Retreat will provide:
• Intense Blocks and pencils for Dry Work
• Assorted brushes
• Tape, long sticks (onsite finds)
• White chalk paint or encaustic gesso
• Medium press charcoal
• India ink
• Some encaustic paint
• Fusing stations with encaustic medium
• Heat guns